Thursday, May 18, 2006

Into the metaphorical fire

My training has begun for the new SF job, thankfully in the Boston area this week. For this week and next, I'm working jobs 1-17 more or less simultaneously. I'm definitely eating a lot of granola bars in the car as meals.

Thankfully, M-N thought to buy some wine, so those non-BN, post-tutoring, after training, once the boy is in bed or at least towards dinner nights can have some degree of relaxation. She'll be a great yogi/doula/general-calming-influence.

Here's something unrelated: I was on my way to Waltham this morning, home of several hotels often used for meetings and conferences. The way I usually go (Rt. 1) was backed up, so I ducked over to I-95. That was a mistake. Apparently, there was some huge back-up on 93, which extended back past the 128/93 split, down 95 well past the ramp I entered on. I just needed to get to 128 (where the traffic was light, somehow). But then I saw a car with some Quaker stickers on it. And it was a friend (also, a Friend) from our meeting. I was going to beep, but knowing MA drivers, the size of that jam, the likelihood of violent reprisals from non-Friends in other cars, and my own timid nature, I didn't.

But still, it was cool to see a friend amidst the hordes of angry drivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home