Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lucky 14

I was trying to figure out why this huge move feels so casual to me. So I charted all the times I've moved in my life:

1) Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Madison, WI
2) Madison to Green Bay
3) Green Bay to Clifton Park, NY
4) Clifton Park to Haverhill, MA
5) Haverhill to Waterville, ME (college)
1 summer in Haverhill, then back to ME
6) back to Haverhill, then move to Sioux City, IA for summer
back to ME
7) summer in Boston, living downtown
back to ME
after graduation, to IA briefly, then to back to ME for half-summer
8) ME to Boston, MA
9) Boston to Denver
10) Denver to Columbus, OH
11) Columbus to Kents Hill, ME
12) Kents Hill to Canton, MA
13) Canton to Norwood, MA

and now #14, to California. Maybe that's why I just make a list and go. (Oh, and it'd have been one more if I hadn't gone to a low-rez MFA program -- 12a is Vermont.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Yeah, but #14 is the first one west of the Rockies.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

I was so close with Colorado. I've never even been west of the Rockies.

Wait, is Phoenix west of them? I've been to Phoenix.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Technically I think they are (I think the southern Rockies go into northern NM).

You could compare it by bodies of water: cool, you guys are going from the Atlantic to the Pacific!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home