Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Welcome to Seattle

That's the National Weather Service forecast for Norwood this week. Awesome.

There was a point in January when I was interviewing with a school in Tacoma, Washington. One of several schools that took the time to give me multiple interviews then just disappeared into the ether---sorry, tangent. Anyway, Tacoma was in the middle of some sort of record-breaking streak of days with rain. It was something like 35 or 40.

Here, it was last sunny on Monday. It's now Wednesday night, it's rained for two days with much more in the forecast, and I'm already pissed off about it.

I was tutoring a girl for the SAT and they have these vocab cards. They're color-coded. Yellow cards are positive, happy words, grey are angry, nasty words, then there's orchid and green and other colors I can't ever remember. She was having trouble learning the grey ones this week. We decided this may not be the week to learn the grey words.

I miss the sun. Maybe I really am from Florida. I figured just being born there and then moving to Wisconsin within 4 months or so negated my citizenship and took away my supply of oranges. Maybe not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

chicago is crappy and grey this week too -- but it's ok because if i had to write this paper while its awesome outside, i'd be pissed.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think YOU'VE got problems? It's snowing in northern Wisconsin today...May 11th! How weird is it to see a hummingbird fly through the snow?
I'll take gray.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Way to change up the lesson plan.

Wait, there's weather that isn't gray and rainy???

8:56 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

Can I blame the president for this?

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home