Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's sucking my will to live!!!

So we're driving home from Best Buy, where I used a gift card I'd had since Christmas to buy the new Pearl Jam cd and a meat tenderizer (yes, a meat tenderizer). We're in traffic behind a big Ford pick-up truck which has a back window plastered with stickers. There's "Bush 2004," Patriots, Red Sox, a confederate flag, more Patriots, two stickers of deer, a superfluous Ford sticker, more Patriots, a sticker with some smarmy pro-war/pro-kill 'em all slogan like "These colors don't run, they shoot nuclear weapons from a safe distance," more Patriots, etc.

Me: "That line of Patriots stickers is covering something"
Paxton: "Ra ra ra."
M-N: "Maybe it's a gun rack."
Me: "A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I going to do with a gun rack? -- You don't like it? Fine. You know, if you're not careful, you're gonna lose me. -- Lose you? I lost you two months ago. Are you mental? Get the net!"
M-N (nervously): "I think this is my stop."

Hey, nothing's funny like an extended "Wayne's World" quote 15 years after the movie came out.

This, of course, led to us watching "Wayne's World" this evening for Little Dude's FIRST time, M-N's first or second time (maybe the first time all the way), and my 34th time (or so).

I'm happy to report that the boy loved it. Loved it. There's a ton of music in the movie, and he loves the tunes. He clapped along and even laughed at some parts.

And no, we're not that terrible of parents that we sit a nine-month-old in front of a movie. I actually was playing on the floor with him through most of it. He just stopped and grooved when a song came on.

Actually, now that I think about it, I guess a lot of parents do just sit their babies in front of TVs. That's the whole Baby Einstein industry. We had some of those cds people gave us, but we never got the dvds. I figure, when he's so small, looking at walls and carpet and lights on the ceiling are fascinating. He likes playing with lint. If I was still captivated by lint, I mean, more than I am, which I'll admit is probably an unhealthy level, anyway, I'd never watch tv.

But the moral of the posting is this: "Wayne's World" is still funny. But I think it's getting too obscure to throw out references here, like "If he were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick" or "Why is it that if you kill a man in the heat of battle, it's called heroic, but if you kill him in the heat of passion, it's murder?" or "What do you do if every time you see this woman, you think you're gonna hurl? -- I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she stays, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, it was never meant to be."

No, I still think that's funny.

[For this, the image loader works...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home