Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Little Dude gets Little Cousin

On Sunday afternoon, Little Dude became an older cousin for the first time when Dominic Michael was born out in Albany. I guess, technically speaking, I'm also an uncle again. That's cool, too.

I'd like to post a picture here, but the image loader on this blog is spotty. Well, let me describe what he looks like from the pictures I've seen: like a newborn, wrapped in those hospital baby blankets (the white with blue stripes), eyes closed, seemingly unsure of what he's gotten himself into.

If he's like Little Dude, he may spend some time fretting that he had a good thing going on the inside, where he didn't have to chew his food or sleep alone, and he could breathe underwater (which is a cool observation I nicked from a Dean Young poem).

But eventually, he'll dig being on the outside. There are better toys here. And he can refuse certain foods. Try that with an umbilical cord. Ok, don't really try that. That would be weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Awww... cousins are cool.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home