Saturday, March 03, 2007

JetBlue comes through

I had to fly to Boston on something of a last minute business trip earlier this week. Tickets for flights were ridiculously high because, unlike other sales industries, airlines don't try to bargain with the customer to sell their last few products. Instead, they quadruple the price. What if supermarkets did that?

Well, this pound of chicken is normally $3 but because the "sell by" date is today, it's $45.

JetBlue is no exception. But they had one of the most reasonable fares. It was more inconvenient for me, because they don't start flying SF to BOS until May, so I had to go to Oakland. I decided it was worth it for the perks of JetBlue.

I know they completely broke down a couple of weeks ago, but I still like them. They have a consumer-oriented approach, much like Southwest (but w/o the cattle call seating).



Airline travel mostly sucks hard. The old airlines (like United, Delta, US Air, etc.) are terrible. I always hate flying with them.

But JetBlue has blue chips, free tv, and they don't make you feel like you're burdening them by riding on their planes. Sure, nobody serves food anymore, but on my flights, they were offering what they did have, chips, cookies, etc., constantly and in great numbers. And when the tv didn't work on my OAK to JFK leg, they gave me a $15 credit.

I'm now looking into flights for April. I don't get why some airline have tickets for $1000 or $1500 this far in advance. I looked on kayak.com and sidestep and figured those really expensive flights got me to Boston in 2 hrs instead of 5 or 6. But no. I'm not spending $1000, even if it's someone else's money, to spend 5 hrs cramped in a US Airways plane.

JetBlue has tickets for about $300-$350. That'll be fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

are you planning in a little down time in april to say hello to an old friend?

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home