Thursday, February 15, 2007

Satellite Radio: Good when free

As Zipcar users, we get to listen to XM satellite radio when we drive.

At first, this seemed great. There are over 150 channels, lots of variety, some great stations. But over time, I've noticed that the commercial-free radio is full of commercials. I don't know if this is just because it's some special 'Zipcar' version -- I don't think so, I think they've just falsely advertised.

I haven't done a scientific study. We only listen to 3 different stations. But what I first noticed as just commercials for other XM stations and shows has now evolved into extended commercial breaks for random, non-XM products.

So if we had to pay for it, we'd be paying to listen to commercials, which you can do for free with regular radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home