Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rain King

I've grown to hate rain. It has rained all week here. A while back, I made a comment about 40 days of rain. We're past that now. Noah had it easy.

I went to pick up the rental truck and tow dolly this morning. It was misting (which I think I hate worse than rain... I used to like the rain, that's changed). By the time I got the papers signed, it was raining. The guy walked me out to the truck, signed the damage waiver, and left me to figure out how to load my car onto the dolly. It wasn't really that hard, but the first time, and in the pouring rain, sucked. Eventually the errand guy came to help me. He didn't seem like an expert either, but I took what I could get.

20 minutes later, the car was loaded and more or less secure. We were both completely soaked and it was still pouring. I started to drive off, but the dolly skidded against the pavement. The rental guy "helpfully" came out of the office with an umbrella to point out that the ramps needed to slide up. So errand guy and I spent 5 minutes deciding that they don't slide up, I'd just hit a big hole in their parking lot, and I was on my way.

On the 5 minute drive home, I resolved to never trail closely behind a truck towing a car. The jerk-offs who were almost touching my rear bumper the whole way couldn't know it was my first time trailing a car (that sentence sounds like weird innuendo), but still, they were so close I couldn't see their front bumpers.

But now I'm home, still all wet, unloaded the car easily, and I think the rain stopped.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Good tip. I'll never drive behind one, either!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home