Friday, June 09, 2006

The Last Day

Today was my last day as a stay-at-home dad. The boy is currently en route to Arizona, to spend the next couple of weeks with M-N's parents while we drive about 3300 miles to California (trip motto: "Drive till the land runs out.").

I'm gonna miss this. When I started staying home with the baby, he was a month and a half old, very fragile, and a complete mystery to me. Now he's about 11 months old, walking, eating finger foods, healing from bumps and falls like Wolverine or the Incredible Hulk, and saying a couple of "words." I also learned to cook, got a bit more adept around the house, and completed a protracted and grueling job search process (job search motto: "job searches suck hard").

As for today, in typical fashion, we did about 50 things in a ridiculously small amount of time. We drove M-N to her last day at Suck City, ran some errands, got lost in Westwood (town motto: "too small of a town to get lost in"), packed boxes (ok, I packed, he unpacked), drove M-N and the boy to Logan (airport motto: "Everybody hates Logan"), and now I'm home alone with the cat. Plus, on the way home from the airport, I got lost in Milton (town motto: "Come to Milton, get lost, it's easy!").

Oh, I'm also actively recruiting tutors in SF via phone interviews. That's actually fun. I did so many interviews while running a radio station and working at BN that these interviews are easy. Plus, with the time difference, I've been able to call people late Right Coast time and it's not late Left Coast time.

But now it's late Me time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

yeah really, how do you get lost in WESTWOOD?

p.s. you're a great dad.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Torgo said...

I was going to pick up the boy's medical records, but they've been tearing up the roads in Westwood for months. This time, they rerouted the main street but didn't bother to put up detour signs, they just closed a section of the street and sent people off.

I wasn't lost for long. I got better.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home