Saturday, June 03, 2006

110% Chance of Rain

So it rained. It started raining on Friday afternoon as we were putting up signs for the yard sale. It continued raining all night. Incredibly, when I went to check on the signs this morning, they were all still up and clear. So I put up more. I got home in the rain at about 7 a.m. and started loading stuff into the garage. M-N helped, and by 8 we had most of the stuff out there. We figured no one would show, as it was pouring pretty hard.

But at 8:05, we were bustling. The garage was packed. People were out in the rain, offering pennies on the dollar for our unwanted stuff.

By 9:15, the bulk of our stuff was gone. We closed up shop early, around 12, because all that was left were books and clothes, and people kept showing up looking for furniture and other things we'd already sold.

The rain, apparently, doesn't stop the dedicated bargain hunters. These are the people who look at a $125 rug, a rug that's barely a year old and is in great shape, and try to talk me down from $20. I also got talked down on things I priced at a quarter.

It's ok. I just wanted them to take our junk. And they did. As for the books and clothes, we can donate those.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home