Monday, February 13, 2006

Good tv

Fox ran the last four episodes of "Arrested Development" on Friday night, opposite the opening of the Olympics, as if to say, "We were going to run infomercials, but we already paid for this, so here it is."

It may get picked up by ABC or Showtime. I hope it does. It's a great show. And fortunately for me (and perhaps much of its fan base), I hate Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Bob Costas, and the Winter (white people) Olympics. Ok, I don't hate the games, just every conceivable aspect of the NBC coverage.

But "Arrested Development" went out well. Incidentally, I just found out that Portia de Rossi is actually married to Ellen DeGeneres. That's funny, b/c her character on the show is married to David Cross, who's gay, but living in complete denial. Of course, that part of his character isn't as funny as his terrible attempts at becoming an actor and his fear of being naked.

Justine Bateman had a great cameo on one of those last episodes. Going completely against the Mallory role, she plays a prostitute who attempts to seduce Jason Bateman's character, but he's convinced she's his sister, even though she's not (even though she is).

In other tv news, I've decided to declare an end to "The Simpsons." I don't think it's been consistently funny in years, and I saw the last two new episodes, and they were both incredibly bad. Maybe all the good writers are working on the movie, which is finally in production, about 10 years too late to matter. But for now, I'm going to stick to "Scrubs" and "Lost." "Scrubs" is great almost every time I'm able to catch it, and "Lost" was great, and even though it's now uneven, I'll stick with it for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home