Thursday, February 02, 2006

This date in Paxton history

As noted earlier here, Paxton's getting some teeth. Two are breaking through on the bottom. People seem to think this means something bad, that he'll be up all night in pain, as though the two of us were accustomed to getting a long winter's sleep each night for the last six and a half months.
As you can see from these pictures (taken earlier today), his mission now is to bite things. But then, that's what he was doing for the last few months, with nothing to show for it. So this is cool. He hasn't been all that bad-tempered, either. I got some of the same reactions about the horrors of parenting earlier, usually from non-parents. One woman I used to work with would always comment on how I must be spending my days elbow-deep in baby poop (I don't think that's the phrase she used, but it is the medically accurate term). I'm not sure where she got her info (maybe here), but no one I know poops 10 times a day (unless there's some sort of serious problem -- maybe she had some sort of serious problem, and the only way she could express what she was going through was by projecting her own problem onto the baby. That's messed up). So anyway, teeth. As the third picture here shows (taken yesterday), he's not exactly suffering miserably. And he's on his way teethfullnessland.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny that you think of it as a good thing and I was all sad that my baby was growing up so fast. Your right we need to have a teeth celebration!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Torgo said...

You do realize that we're the dorky couple leaving comments on each other's blogs...

11:45 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

What's wrong with that? The friends who comment on mine (and vice versa) are people I see almost every day!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home