Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Geek Alert: Water on Mars

This article talks about evidence of active water on Mars as recently as a few years ago -- far and away the most compelling news story ever in the history of humans.

If you're geeky like me and think we could've been to Mars and back half a dozen times on the money wasted on Iraq.

Seriously, though, I no longer read sci-fi like I did as a kid, but the search for life on other planets continues to amaze me. National Geographic's latest issue focuses Saturn, where a couple of the moons are good candidates for life (as well as other moons in the solar system).

Aside from the national park in Hawai'i, one of the only positive things I can think of that Bush has done is give Nasa a kickstart to go back into space exploration, build a base on the moon, and see where we can go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home