Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm not a luddite, I'm just busy

Blogger's been trying to get me to switch to the new Beta Blogger, which sounds like something you ingest. I finally did it, when they all but forced me by changing the login page.

Yahoo email tried this trick on me a month or so ago. I switched for a day or two, then switched back. I'm not against advances in technology, they just changed formats so dramatically and I'd rather enjoyed the old format. If I wanted the new Yahoo, I'd get a Gmail account.

Sure, I'm cranky. It's another gray day in SF. Grey? Which is it? Gray or grey? I think one may be British. Or Canadian. I think the winter gloom has settled in and it's less nice than the preceding 4 or 5 months.

But I love the new Internet Explorer. They added a feature that I think Firefox had (maybe) with tabs at the top, so you can have a bunch of sites up w/o separate windows. This is great for multitasking, especially when your multitasking involves both multiple work projects and things completely non-work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

So they've been bugging me to switch, too. What's the diff? Is it just layout?

12:08 AM  
Blogger Torgo said...

the log in is, it turns out, different in what user name and pw you use. Why? I have no idea. But it's annoying. Don't switch. I haven't discovered any big benefits yet.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home