Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Torgo vs. Rocky

I'm not sure why it's always Torgo vs. something, but it just needs to be.

Tonight I ran up the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps just like Rocky did. There's video of it. I'll post it what I get a copy. I wasn't alone. There were four of us. This wasn't the stated goal of the trip either.

I'd never been to Philly before 2006. I'd driven by it on the New Jersey Turnpike several times, I'd been to the outskirts looking at Haverford and other colleges, but never downtown.

Then, this year, I've visited four times, but until tonight, I'd still never gone into the city. It'd always been just into the airport, then out to some outlying town for meetings or interviews.

Tonight, though, we went downtown for dinner, then got lost trying to find the highway back to the hotel. We found ourselves within sight of the museum, therefore necessitating a stop.

I love "Rocky." That's a great movie. The sequels, eh. But the first one is terrific.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home