Saturday, December 02, 2006

Think I'm In Love

Though I've grown up and come a long way from my rabid record-collecting days, I actually bought an album recently. Ok, it was a couple of months ago, but I wasn't sure it'd take.

I bought Beck's new album, "The Information." I actually didn't buy the album, I downloaded it from itunes. I know I could've gotten it for free, but I had a gift card (ok, actually, I've had the gift card for almost 2 years, but how often do you feel compelled to buy music online? and besides, my goal over the last 5 years has been to get rid of the music I already have).

I bought the album for one reason: this song. It's an awesome song. The video is simple and a little off, but it was partially the video that made me want to own it (the album came with similar home-made videos for every song on the album).

I've listened to the whole album about half a dozen times now, and that one song is still the main reason to get it (so why not just buy the single song? I'm not sure. I like Beck. Over the years, I've realized I'm a slowburn Beck fan. I've managed to own most of his albums, though I've since sold three of them. He's often great, but even when he's just mediocre, the music is still good listenin'. He can also be terrible, but sometimes it's nice to have those awful tracks to balance out the strong ones).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home