Friday, November 17, 2006

The most ok music you never heard of

I was putting some music on my work computer last weekend from college, stuff I got into while running the radio station, bands that no one knew then, and certainly no one knows now. But now I listen to them, and it's not even worth saying, "These guys are great, they're gonna be huge," because they had promise 6 or 7 years ago, didn't make it, and now probably work at JC Penney.

Who am I talking about? Baxter, The Audience, Citizens Utilities, Clare Quilty, The Controls, Jude, Kent, people like that.

Then there are people who still put out albums, but no one cares, like the Eels, Cracker, Gomez, Idlewild, Sarah Harmer and Juliana Hatfield. I don't even buy their new stuff.

I think Sarah Harmer may actually work at a Barnes and Noble. When I still worked there, they played her new cd and I kept saying, "Hey, this is Sarah Harmer, her last album was awesome, but this new one is just ok."

And no one cared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home