Thursday, April 26, 2007

Movie Review: The Motorcycle Diaries

The Motorcycle Diaries: Torgo approves

I've been busy lately. But the other night I was too tired to do work so I watched this movie. One drawback to Netflix is that if you get a movie and don't feel like watching it, you can wait for a good time to watch it or send it back, but if you wait, then (if you're me) you think you're not being efficient with your membership, so the movie sits there taunting you for weeks.

But I'm glad I watched it. I can't claim to know much about Che Guevara. I started to read the Ebert and NY Times reviews after watching it. Roger Ebert apparently really has a problem with Che. The NY Times felt the need to mention the Che shirts that are so popular. So I didn't get much from either.

It's not an incredibly original movie. But it's well-acted and the cinematography is terrific. Especially after reading "1491," I enjoyed seeing the South American continent and people. Both reviews questioned its sentimentality and I agree. It's a movie that's in love with its subject. But that doesn't make it any less interesting and enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

i am the same way about my blockbuster online DVDs.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Yeah, the scenery is gorgeous. Some parts of the film were a little preachy. But a good movie still.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home