Thursday, April 19, 2007

No, really, what the hell?

I really have no interest in seeing this picture when I open up a web browser. I have no interest in seeing the video clips in ads for the news while I'm watching "Lost."

I can refrain from watching television news, where they're not breaking any new ground by showing a complete lack of ethics in showing the video and images. But it seems I can't escape it without shutting off all media. Even NPR was playing audio clips from the video yesterday.

What the hell? I know it's a big story. I know media outlets have no concept of restraint. But do we need this? Is it helpful? Is it purposeful?

Equally disturbing was a photo I saw yesterday of a CNN camera on a crane above a memorial on the Virginia Tech campus. It was posted by CNN on their website yesterday (Yeah, I'm not sure why I was there). I went to look for it now to post here, but it's not there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home