Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Food Poisoning/Visual Stimuli Post

I remember trying to get off the school bus in junior high one day when a kid a couple rows in front of me leaned into the aisle and just spewed all over the floor. I remember it vividly.

There's a sensible debate over whether the movies should rate violence more harshly and sex less harshly (I think so), but I think there should be a moratorium on showing people hurl.

On Monday, I was riding to work, coming down a big hill where I always hit 3 consecutive lights and build up some speed. At the bottom, where it levels out and I'm just cruising, a car door opens, out leans a woman, and she just lets go right in front of me. I had to swerve to avoid hitting it.

I had a pretty good vomit-free streak going, maybe 9 or 10 years, until Monday. Ok, so apparently I had food poisoning. We think it was either a bad can of black beans or a bad batch of rice (both of which I ate Sunday, while M-N didn't, then she ate Monday, and became sick like me). Either way, I think watching someone blow chunks is incentive enough.

I won't watch "Stand By Me" because of the pie-eating scene.

Fortunately, whatever the culprit, the plague passed quickly, but now I'm going to associate that spot on my ride with Monday morning.

Somewhere in high school, I went to see Live in concert at SUNY Albany. (The Throwing Copper tour, during their 15 minutes of being awesome.) It was January, I think, I remember it being dangerously cold. It was a general admission show, so everybody was waiting in line outside the arena. These SUNY kids were in front of us, and there was a drunk girl. She spewed on the sidewalk, and then it froze, and people were slipping on the frozen spew.

That's just nasty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

why don't you just call this the puke post?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Torgo said...

Good call. I had to call on all my Wayne's World knowledge to use as many terms for throwing up as I could.

Being a writer is a never-ending challenge.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Xtina said...

here's a story: i was on the green line, and i was sitting on the seats facing the stairwell, and two girls were sitting directly opposite me. one of the girls gets up and pukes, more than once, right in the stairwell, then sits back down, looking miserable. everyone else was looking at her with disgust or ignoring her, so i tried to give her a sympathetic glance. she looks back at me and says, in a perfect Boston accent, "Don't evah get pregnant. I'm serious. It's naht worth it. For real. Don't get pregnant." so then i was kind of like "uhhhh...." and then she and her friend decided her puke smelled, and they got up and moved!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww. Aaaauuuugggghhhh!

My life is now enriched, knowing these stories.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. This was the name I meant to sign in with. Have been having weird Blogger problems all day...

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home