Friday, December 15, 2006

Dear SF Dept. of Parking and Traffic

You suck.

I apparently got a phantom $40 parking ticket on June 19th. That was the day we arrived in SF. I didn't get a ticket that day.

But I got a notice from a collections agency months later about it, now at $100. So I wrote a letter of protest. They called to say I can't protest to them, I needed to protest to the DPT, but it's too late now.

"So what can I do?"
"Pay the fine"
"But I didn't get a ticket"
"Yes you did"
"No, I didn't"
"Yes you did"
"Mom!!!"

I did know enough to ask for his supervisor, who gave me the same line before we got cut off. But I couldn't get her back on the phone, and she never called me.

Then, a month or so later, another notice from the collections agency. So I wrote a letter describing what happened. A week or so later, they send my letter back to me with a copy of the citation I never got on a car I no longer have for a date I didn't get a ticket.

Realizing they're just a middle man, I wrote to the DPT.

I'm not paying $100 for a $40 ticket I never got.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be pissed. I'd be writing angry letters. I'd sue.

--BP, who hasn't switched to the new Blogger, and can't comment on the blogs of those who have due to some glitch they're working on

6:11 PM  
Blogger Xtina said...

my parents, who flattened two tires in two outrageously large potholes, after REPEATED letters (including pictures) to City Hall, the mayor, and anyone who would listen, finally got their tires paid for. it only took two years.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home