Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A very special message

Yesterday's lesson today: If you want to bleach your clothes, but don't have bleach, just toss a disposable lighter in the washing machine. It works about the same.

Somewhere between lighting the grill a week back and enjoying some burgers, I forgot to take the lighter out of my pocket. M-N found it yesterday, post-wash. The good news is that the wash took out the lighter fluid, and then she caught it before the dryer. What if we lived in a society that dried clothes before washing them? That might have made for a cool explosion, but M-N could've gotten hurt. Plus, why would you dry clothes before washing them? That's just silly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

When I was Paxton's age, I would take the wrappers off of dark crayons (like black and indigo) and hide them in my pockets. One day my Mom did the laundry. The crayons survived the wash but melted in the dryer onto everyone's clothes.

She still checks all pockets before washing. But I don't hide unwrapped crayons anymore.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home