Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Search For Tea

Today's been a day. I seem to have caught a little cold. So after riding my bike yesterday, I decided today was a train day. The train is half a block from our apt, but you can't see it coming until you're at the intersection, or its at the intersection, at which point you need to sprint or miss it.

So I missed one, deciding against sprinting, partly b/c of the cold, and partly b/c of the hot pot, mug, and tea in my bag I didn't want to break. Then I waited half an hour for the next one, when not one but three arrived. But I was starting "The Naked and the Dead," which was good reading for a foggy SF morning.

Then I get in the office, fill up the hot pot, and plug it in, looking forward to some nice lemon ginger Yogi Tea, but the phone rings. It's a parent calling, so I need to pay attention. I had to unplug the water b/c it was making noise (old hot pot, lots of college ramen in its past).

2 hours and several attempts later, I'm just now steeping the tea. But I talked to that parent for about an hour over three phone calls, and she was cool, so it's ok.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Were you the one that introduced me to the idea of eating ramen raw? Somebody did, senior year. Cuz that got me through the low pay and hard life in Worcester.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

That wasn't me. That's gross. Ramen is awesome cooked (though, still, a bit gross). Raw? It's just crunchy and bland, no?

9:40 AM  
Blogger Xtina said...

there are some fancy shmancy salads which you can put raw ramen in, but i doubt that's what poor hard knock lifing students were doing.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home