Monday, August 21, 2006

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse!

Today started around 4:30, maybe earlier, it's a blur. Definitely pre-dawn. The boy has about 85 teeth coming in, mostly molars. He's not being delightful about it, but I can't blame him. Well, I could, I guess, but that would seem unfair.

I then rode my bike in, the first time since last Monday, when my little cold hit. After many days of Paxton Thrashing (that's a metal band, probably), a wee li'l cold, and trainings Wednesday night, plus Saturday and Sunday, I'm far too tired for a Monday. Fortunately, it's mostly downhill for 5 miles coming to work.

I'm not eager to face those hills going home.

But on the plus side, it's a good day at work (providing the gift of knowledge to the masses) and I got a poem published. That's right, a poem.

I haven't sent any poems out since May. It really cuts down on the rejection letters. But today I got an acceptance from a journal I'd long since given up on.

So maybe those hills won't be so bad.

No, actually, they'll still be bad. We parked yesterday on a hill like the one in this picture. (You have to turn your head/screen to understand.)

We parked at a 90 degree angle to the curb and I set my parking brake, b/c that's what I do when I'm pointed up or down a hill. This time, my concern was more that the car would go sliding sideways down the street.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations on the published poem!
What journal is it in?

(Weren't you getting rid of the car?)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Congrats on the poem!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home