Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April: The Busiest Month

Ok, usually December is the busiest month, what with all the caroling and merrymaking, but so far this year every month has been crazy. I didn't think not working full time would mean so much work. There's a month stretch we're putting together that begins in late March and will hopefully end in a couple of weeks where we're going to fly three times to visit schools in the great big job search.

I just booked our second flight to Philadelphia. We have to go twice in one week because of scheduling conflicts. Fortunately, that's a super-short flight. But I'm getting well-acquainted with booking plane tickets and renting cars, something that was part of my job description once.

Little Dude is stacking up the frequent flyer miles, that's for sure. By the end of this month, he'll have visited New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio and Arizona. That's cumulative, in his almost 9 month lifespan, not just April. We don't count Georgia, but he was in the Atlanta airport for about 10 hours around Christmas, which is almost as long as some of these job interview trips.

Hopefully, by his first birthday, we'll be living in a new state. Then, like me and Florida, one day he can say "I was born in Massachusetts but I'm not really from there."

1 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

or he can say something like "Massachusetts? i wish i lived there forever"

in other news, i think your little dude is more well-traveled than me.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home