Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mr. Ear

Turns out, Little Dude returned from Baltimore with a Little Ear Infection. Suckfest 2006. I'd hate to know what a major ear infection is. He's been, shall we say, unpleasant today. But I think he's asleep for a bit now, hopefully, maybe.

The doctor prescribed ibuprofen first, then amoxicillin if that fails (I guess they're trying to avoid making every child in America a penicillin junkie, or something about the infections of the world uniting to overtake the 'cillin family and destroy us all, anyway, we're supposed to hold off on that and stick to OTC drugs for now). This was the first time I'd purchased ibuprofen in years, as I'm allergic to it. The last time I took Advil, my eyes swelled shut. So far, so good with Little Dude, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

That sounds terrible. Hope he's okay. Is a penicillin allergy genetic?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

I'm actually allergic to ibuprofen. I'm pretty sure that's not genetic. He lasted the night, and actually slept pretty well. Although, if his eyes swelled shut while he was asleep, and recovered before he woke up, would anyone hear it -- I mean, notice?

5:52 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Oops, I meant ibuprofen. I just wrote "penicillin."

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home