Monday, March 20, 2006

Reading List

Currently on my list of books to read:

  • Blindness by Jose Saramago
  • Don Quixote (the second book) by Cervantes (Edith Grossman translation)
  • The Good Thief by Marie Howe
  • Tape for the Turn of the Year by A.R. Ammons
  • Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
  • Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee (hey, we have the same 3 initials. Me, Coetzee, and Jesus M'F'n Christ.)
  • Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez


I just began "The Weight of the Body: Selected Poems" by Stanislaw Baranczak. I've loved other Polish poets like Milosz and Szymborska. Something about those eastern Europeans...

It's been a good run for poetry lately, but there are quite a few novels I want to get to. I always write suggestions down on scraps of paper and then lose those scraps. That short list represents three scraps I knew I was about to lose.

That's the main purpose of this post. I guess I'm also open to suggestions or reminders of suggestions. For the record, I also recently read "Mr. Messy," "Fiddle-i-fee," "Rusty's Bone," "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," and selections from "Winnie-the-Pooh."

4 Comments:

Blogger Torgo said...

Incidentally, the reason I read Billy Collins with all these likely better books on my list was b/c it was in hardcover at BN, and I could borrow it free, and I currently have a $4 fine at the library I'm avoiding for a dvd I completely forgot we'd borrowed.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

I got that JM Coetzee book as a Christmas gift a couple years ago, from my sister's friend who was staying with us for break. I still haven't read it. Let me know if it's good.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Xtina said...

i like "if you give a moose a muffin" too.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your reading list is like a box of chocolates.

JK in Chicago

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home