Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stand very still

Technically speaking, the boy may not actually be a velociraptor, despite his ability to quickly figure out the weakness in any fortified room-of-fun we set up, seek out danger, and shoot straight for peril.

I should add that he's also not a tyrannosaurus rex. This was the topic of discussion last night. I put him down to sleep at about 8 p.m. Around 9, I went to check that he was, indeed, sleeping and not, in fact, tunneling out with Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson.

As I opened the door, his eyes opened, and he stared right at me. My first instinct was to begin backing slowly out. Had he been a t-rex, I'd be dead now. Fortunately, he's not, and he went back to sleep.

Two hours later, M-N went to check on him, and he opened his eyes again. She froze, remembering the important Jurassic Park rule about the monsters not being able to see you if you stand still (unless they're raptors, b/c then you're screwed either way, I think). But again, he's just a little boy, a tired little boy, so the night ended smoothly and without carnage.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Cute. Maybe he sleeps with his eyes open?

Incidentally, "The Great Escape" is the movie I have seen the most. My sisters and I were OBSESSED with that movie, and one summer watched it almost every weekend. I can practically quote it beginning to end. "Chicken Run" is a brilliant parody of it, but nobody seems to believe me...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

The Great Escape is awesome. Every time I see it I hope Steve McQueen can just jump over that fence, and I want Donald Pleasance to get away. Ok, I want them all to get away.

Hogan's Heroes is nowhere near as good. Chicken Run is a good parody. I believe you, Rainster, I believe you.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Whew! I'm not the only wacko! Everyone always talks about "Chicken Run" exclusively as a Wallace & Gromit thing. But it's so much more....

My sisters' nicknames were Hilts and Hendley, and I once figured out how to play the theme song on my flute in band class. When it was rainy and we were trapped indoors (frequently in Seattle), we'd toss a beanbag against a wall and pretend it was the cooler.

We were that obsessed.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home