Friday, September 21, 2007

The World Has Turned And Left Me Here

Continuing with my new theme of post titles that are song titles I think are awesome, but don't necessarily relate in any way to the actual post, thereby making finding a post all the more tedious, even though who really spends there hours searching the records of Torgoland... here's a post about Boy #1.

Kids. Kids learn stuff. As a parent, I'm finding out now that kids learn stuff from watching things I have no idea they're watching.

The boy and I were eating dinner tonight while watching the Simpsons. Yes, it's true. Call DHS if you'd like. At least he was eating peas, carrots and rice (the boy loves his veggies and carbs).

It was the old episode where Marge notices Maggie imitating Itchy and Scratchy (beginning with an awesome Psycho shower scene tribute). Semi-dutiful parent that I am, when they showed an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon, I went and stood in front of the boy, blocking his view. But this is the episode where Marge protests the cartoon violence, so they show an awful lot of them.

Ok, I told you that story to tell you this one:

Later, I'm getting his pajamas out, post-bath. Rather, I'm going through the myriad pajama options while he rejects the first 4 or 5, as always, only to like the 5th or 6th (and I've tried just alternating between two when he's super-tired -- it works).

As I'm righting the footie of the pajamas, the boy licks his finger and then rubs one nipple. Then he licks his finger and rubs the other nipple.

Yeah, what the hell is that??

I didn't teach him that. I don't remember that happening in Curious George. The extent of his other tv watching includes Thomas the Tank Engine, Sesame Street, and that's about it. I know Elmo is evil, but this?

He's a silly boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Now he'll probably do it in public! =)

Your standing in front of the TV reminds me how my mom used to fling this little rabbit skin runner in front of the TV, mainly whenever some sex scene was on. All we'd have to do was tilt our heads and watch from a different angle, though. But there were three of us, so usually one of us would get up and reconfigure the rabbit skin so we could see the TV. She couldn't swat us away without the other two seeing the scenes.

I'm just warning you, Prequel and Sequel could gang up on you later on...

6:25 AM  
Blogger Torgo said...

It's a losing battle, I know. But 2 year olds seem to be innately violent, at least boys, I don't know if it's gender-based. So anything I can do to at least mollify that is nice.

My mother had an innate ability to walk in on a sex scene. We could be watching something as innocent and PG as "Big," but she'd walk in the room when what's her name has her shirt off.

Then out comes the big Catholic guilt trip...

11:37 AM  
Blogger Xtina said...

my mother does that too!!

she walked in on the one in "ghost" (Which, admittedly, is not as innocent as "big") and says, "i don't think i like this movie, christina"

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home