Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

I'm not sure how to feel about this, the George School getting a $128 million gift.

M-N and I spent a full day interviewing there before I took my current job. They wanted me to teach English and her to teach history, but she didn't want to teach full time, especially coming out of the school where she'd been teaching.

It's a decent school, somewhat run-down, that had been underpaying its faculty, so I'm glad they'll get better pay. I, of course, would welcome better pay. But I don't know that that would have been worth the sacrifice of doing something we didn't fully want.

It's kind of like your ex-girlfriend winning the lottery. It doesn't benefit you at all, you didn't really want to be with her, but it still hurts.

For the record, I'm accepting donations of any size.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

you'd be getting a bigger salary, sure, but you'd be living in bucks county, pa.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

And that should be considered a bribe....

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home