Sunday, September 30, 2007

Movie Review: The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada: Torgo disapproves

I was about to say I never see Meryl Streep movies, then I looked it up. I've seen "Adaptation," "The Hours," "The River Wild," "Lemony Snickett," and "The Deer Hunter." So I guess I do see Meryl Streep movies.

Except the "The Hours," though, the ones I see tend to be comedies or horribly bleak and depressing yet amazing Vietnam movies.

"The Devil Wears Prada" is a bad movie. But Meryl Streep is fun to watch. I could have told you that before seeing it. Having just watched it, I can confirm that that's true.

Anne Hathaway is entirely uninteresting. Not only is she bland as an actress, but she's not even particularly attractive. I don't mean that as a sexist comment -- but I'd be more inclined to watch her then even if she displayed no significant talent (read: Angelina Jolie).

I've never seen her in a movie before and this one didn't make me want change that.

Stanley Tucci is here, which is nice. He plays a stereotypically effeminate somebody who is into fashion, which is less nice.

That's about all I have to say. Oh, and M-N liked the clothes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

based on your last two posts, it might be fun for you to read the devil wears prada. it's WAY better than the movie -- the anne hathaway character is much more likeable, imo. and it isn't overly self-aware, like your random library book.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

What, you didn't see AH in The Princess Diaries?

She was pretty good in Brokeback Mountain, though.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home