Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I can now wear my sunglasses at night

It's not just that I'm cheap. I am, I'll admit that. But for other reasons, I've been without sunglasses for several months.

The main reason is that I know I'll break them, so I'm reluctant to buy nice ones. I always break sunglasses, often very quickly. I broke a pair at Bennington once, and remember buying new ones on one of many misadventures in 'downtown' Bennington (home of the semiannual 'cool guy convention').

The last pair I had I'd bought on the street outside my office. They were $6 and destined to break, but riding my bike, I needed something. There's an awful lot of sun in this city, plus, dust and debris.

I broke those in about a day, then held them together with tape for another month or two.

Today, finally, I found cheap ones at a Walgreen's. They were $5, on clearance. I bought two pairs. I decided I couldn't wait any longer when I actually got dust in both of my eyes while walking the 2 blocks to Walgreen's.

As it turns out, this post was largely an excuse to reference Corey Hart. That song is awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

I've never paid more than $8 for a pair of sunglasses. I usually accidentally drop them or sit on them or lose them, so why waste the money?

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I can, so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home