Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hello Earth

So I added this ClustrMaps thing to my blog a couple of weeks ago. It's supposed to show where people who visit my blog are in the world. For a while, it seemed to confirm what I thought. Mostly me. Plus a couple of regular posters. The occassional lurker.

But recently there have been hits from other places. As of this posting, I have four continents represented. That's awesome. Hello, people from other continents!

Australia, Africa, Antarctica (the AAA), where are you? I don't know anyone in those places, but then, I don't know anyone in South America, Japan, or Europe.

When I write on this blog, I think mostly of myself as the audience, as in, I'm writing stuff so I remember it later, then also the couple of people who comment. Maybe I should make more of an effort to have global appeal, give people a reason to come here. Because honestly, I'm not really sure why people end up here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

so how does it work? it can tell where the people reading your blog are?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

It tracks the IP addresses: sitemeter.com

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home