Monday, October 02, 2006

Torgo sustains life

I bought a plant a few weeks ago for my office. Today, October 2nd, it is still alive.

Working alone in an office, someone recommended that I get a fish. Aside from not really liking fish all that much as pets, I have a long history of killing them. Not intentionally, just, you know, they die easily.

Plants I can do. We have a plant at home called Lazarus that's been legally dead about 6 times. It's a spider plant, I think. I'm not sure, exactly. We have other, more vibrant plants, but Lazarus likes inching towards death, losing leaves, turning brown, flirting with the trash can, then miraculously returning. At the moment, he's going strong.

This office plant doesn't have a name. It doesn't have character yet. It just sort of sits there, keeping me company.

2 Comments:

Blogger Xtina said...

i decided to be nerdy and look up some names that mean companion. according to babyname.com, all of those names are eith feminine or not gender specific.

you can call the plant "anisa" which means "faithful friend, companion."

"samira" means "entertaining companion," just in case the plant starts to dance.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Torgo said...

i've been thinking of doing something like Wilson in "Cast Away." I've always had a soft spot for those Robinson Crusoe stories. The plant is my Friday.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home