Friday, October 06, 2006

Fleet Week: Not Cool

It's Fleet Week in SF. What's the mean? I'm not sure. All I know is, the Blue Angels have been buzzing the city yesterday and today. Because I work amidst skyscrapers, I can't see them, just hear them. So every so often, there's this huge roar of a jet flying by.

Yesterday, it was combined with the noise of a huge anti-Bush protest (one of the many around the world yesterday). The SF one went right by my office, several hundred strong, maybe a thousand. They made the noise of a thousand, which was actually pretty cool.

I first thought the Air Force was keeping tabs on the SF activist crowd but, no, they're just having some sort of air show on top of a densely packed city.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

They come up here every summer. It's annoyingly loud but kind of cool to look out at a street and watch every pedestrian stop in their tracks, flail madly while trying to locate the loud flying plane, and then realize they missed it.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home