Sunday, July 16, 2006

Big Day for Little Dude

I haven't been able to finish my cross-country story because work has been busy. I've been interviewing and hiring but right now I'm in a training session with time to kill, so let me talk about yesterday.

Yesterday was the boy's 1st birthday. He celebrated by waking up at 3, fully ready to party. Actually, he wakes up most days a little pre-dawn ready to party, so this was nothing new.

The night before, M-N baked a cake in the shape of a dinosaur. We collectively frosted it (pics, hopefully, later) and it came out very well. She also went out and got some balloons (which the boy helped pick out).

On Saturday, I had to travel about 45 minutes away for an all-day training of my new hires. Fortunately, we finished early and I was home by about 4. The boy had been stood up by one of his girlfriends, a baby he met in the boy and mom's yoga class, but he didn't seem to mind.

We walked over to Golden Gate park where there's a nice baby playground. He went on the swings, met a new girl, showed off his moves (she was a little older, but he's much more mobile), and also met a bear-sized dog trailing a woman who looked to be about 24 months' pregnant.

Later in the park, the boy discovered that there were leaves on the ground. He then had to pick up just about every leaf on the sidewalk as we walked back through the Shakespeare Garden and towards the apt. Boys loves his foliage.

At home, we brought out the cake with one candle. He stared suspiciously at the little flame, then dove right in to a piece of cake, getting frosting and crumbs all over his hands, face, shirt, me, pants, etc.

This led swiftly to a bath.

Post-bath, he opened a present from M-N's parents. They got him a truck with giant lego-like things. He loved this. He spent about an hour playing with it on the floor of his room.

So that was his birthday. We documented it with a bunch of pictures and some short video clips. I'll post the pics when I get a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home