Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Boy for sale


Ok, no, I'm not selling the boy. But I am completely addicted to eBay. Craigslist is good, too. I don't buy anything, just sell. I'm quickly whittling down my cd collection, the collection I spent maybe 15 years building, and then the iPod went and made them fairly useless.

I don't think it's the extra income that makes eBay so addictive. It's the auction, the process, the bidding. Having an item up for auction is a little like sending a team you coach onto the field. You can't do much for a while except watch and hope for the best, and you want to see it succeed. It's great to watch a bidding war, just as it's depressing to get that "Item did not sell" email.

At some point, I'm going to run out of things to sell. I'm already building a sizable pile of "Did not sell" cds that I can't integrate back into the collection. They're damaged goods, like an ex-con trying to shrug off his past. Ok, that analogy doesn't really work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle-Nicholle said...

Thanks Will, Now my husband is completely addicted to Ebay!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home