Thursday, September 14, 2006

Survivor: Go Whites!

Survivor: Segregation Island debuts tonight. I can't wait. I know it's just a marketing move, but I really think that what this country needs is a prime-time reality show to raise serious issues. "Dancing with the Stars" isn't going to do it. "Fear Factor" did raise the serious issue of large bugs going uneaten in our time, but that's not enough.

With this Survivor, who do I root for? What if the indigenous people of the Cook Islands (where the show is filmed) just booted everyone off their land? After all, they weren't always called the "Cook" Islands, not before Captain Cook (go White team!) "discovered" them.

That would be a shocker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Torgo said...

ok, I had more to say. After all, isn't this just "How do white people survive in the tropics?" Why don't they do "Survivor: Iceland"? "Suvivor: Austria"?

3:38 PM  
Blogger Xtina said...

because then all the young hotties would be all covered up. c'mon.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Xtina cracks me up. That didn't occur to me. It's true!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home